Tuesday, September 20, 2022

...and I'm set for food

I've checked the situation at every place I'll be stopping, and yes: there'll be places to eat all along the way. In most cases, there will be a combination of restaurants and convenience stores, so I won't have to starve. There's one spot, though, where a restaurant is some 3.5 km away. I'm still trying to decide whether a 7-kilometer round-trip walk to the place will be worth my while after walking all day; I might pre-pack some food the day before instead of doing that long walk. Another option would be to eat somewhere along the path if any restaurants should pop up. That's often a matter of timing, I've discovered: if I pass by a restaurant when it's only 10 in the morning, I'm not going to stop and wait until 11:30 for the resto to open. So if it's around noon, and I pass by a restaurant, I'll duck in, have lunch, and be on my way.



No comments: