Wednesday, September 28, 2022

knowing where you are

I had an amusing moment while on Line 9 this morning. One of the stations we passed was Gayang. I know that area; it's at the western edge of Seoul. Gayang Bridge is at the river, and Gayang Station is a kilometer or so inland from the bridge. A few kilometers after the bridge, the Four Rivers bike path turns left and west toward Incheon, following the unnaturally straight Ara Canal. That path takes you under the flight path of planes landing at Gimpo Airport, so it was easy to deduce that I wasn't far from Gimpo Airport Station. 

Being horrible at geography, I tend to learn it best by actually going to the places I'm learning about. (That's how I rounded out my knowledge of western Europe.) I've walked this Gayang/Gimpo axis any number of times since 2017; it was nice to know exactly where I was. 



No comments: