Saturday, September 24, 2022

the weather in Jeju and Andong

I've been keeping tabs on the weather in Jeju, and the forecast keeps changing. Right now, it appears there'll be no rain at all, but just a few days ago, I saw that the first four or five days of my walk were supposed to be rainy. Here's hoping the weather stays good for the entire Jeju trip, and here's hoping the weather on the mainland is good for my Andong Dam walk. 

The Andong forecast is currently showing good weather for my walk, with four straight days of rain starting on Tuesday the 25th—my first day back at work. That's cutting things a bit close for me, and if the rain starts earlier than the 25th, I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it. 

I might or might not be meeting up with an ex-coworker and his family on the final day of the Andong Dam walk, which is actually the 23rd (I'll finish on the 23rd, stay in Andong City overnight, and walk across town to the bus station on the 24th; I'll be back in Seoul the same day). I'm really hoping that the Andong Dam walk is beautiful the whole way through. If it isn't, well... I guess I'll just have to walk part or all of the path again sometime.



3 comments:

Charles said...

Are you really looking at the weather a month in advance (the Andong forecast) and expecting the forecast to be anything like what will actually happen? By the time we get to the end of October, it might not even rain at all... or we might get a late typhoon. Trying to learn anything about the weather more than a week in advance is pointless--and even a week can be shaky.

What will be will be, right? Just go with the flow.

Kevin Kim said...

Intellectually, I understand this, but since AccuWeather offers the month-long forecast, I may as well look at it, right? It might not be totally (or even a little) accurate, but it could still give me some idea of what's coming, even if all it's really saying is something vaguely general like, "October's not going to be a rainy month."

Being a pragmatist, though, I'll be checking the weather almost daily. (I do that already, which is how I knew the forecast was constantly changing.)

Charles said...

I do understand the curiosity aspect of it. Although I generally put zero faith in long-term forecasts. I think of it more as entertainment than anything else.